Hartford's own Hip Hop and R&B talent competition
AUDITIONS ARE CLOSED
The chosen 6 finalists will be contacted via Instagram by Monday, 9/18 and announced to the public on Instagram by Wednesday, 9/20
THE PLUG is recorded in front a live audience at our studios at Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network in Hartford. The first competition will be held on Saturday, September 30, 2017, visit The Plug event page for details.
All 6 Competing Finalists Receive:
- Live feedback from celebrity Judging Panel
- A chance to network with other artists and industry professionals
- Shareable content produced by The Plug (photos and video)
- The opportunity to be a part of our pilot episode of The Plug
- A chance to win $500
3 artists in the Hip Hop category and 3 artists in the R&B category will be selected to compete at THE PLUG talent competition on Saturday, 9/30/17.
The celebrity judges will choose 1 winner from the Hip Hop category and 1 winner from the R&B category. Each winning artist will receive a $500 cash prize. (see below for Prize Terms and Conditions).
Artists must perform to a track, not a live band, all tracks will be submitted to THE PLUG's House DJ prior to showtime.
Terms & Conditions
- The People Project may, acting reasonably and at its sole discretion, apply, interpret, terminate, alter, limit, suspend or modify the Rules at any time, without notice. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or on our Competition website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules or the results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Instagram and you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any and all liability in connection with this Competition.
- Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of CPBN, or any of its affiliated companies within CPBN, are not eligible to enter the Competition. The People Project reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if The People Project is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
- The Competition is open to persons 14-24 years when entering the Competition, with a residential address in Connecticut. If younger than eighteen (18) years of age: by posting an Instagram video tagged with #theplugaudition and/or @yup_ct, you agree that you have obtained permission from your parents or legal guardian to submit User Generated Content (defined here) and participate in this Instagram audition competition as well as THE PLUG talent competition.
- In order to perform and compete at THE PLUG, finalists must execute an Appearance Release upon event check-in with proper identification. If younger than eighteen (18) years of age, finalists must have a parent/legal guardian complete a written permission form to participate in THE PLUG talent competition as well as the Appearance Release form, which will be sent to finalists directly when notified that he/she has been chosen to perform in the competition.
- The People Project reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. The People Project also reserves the right to disqualify and remove any entries based on suspicion of infringement of any third party rights or if The People Project has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- You enter the competition by uploading your video with the hashtag #theplugaudition and tag @yup_ct using Instagram.
- The video submitted on Instagram must be original to the entrant.
- For Entries submitted via Instagram, only Entries which are appropriately hashtagged and submitted by the Competition’s closing date and time, are accepted. Only Entries from public/open Instagram profile accounts are valid as Entries. Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery, and The People Project shall not be responsible for Entries not received for whatever reason.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You also warrant that you own all rights in and to your Entry and that you have permission from any person/s appearing in your Entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register for use of Instagram.
- One entry accepted per person
- We do not accept offensive material. Any spam or abusive entries will be disregarded from the competition. The People Project has the right to, at its sole discretion, immediately remove any material deemed offensive.
- Entries will be judged by a group of three (3) panelists selected by The People Project Head Office (the “Jury”). Entries will be judged on the level of artistic talent, confidence, presence, uniqueness, and the attitude and personality of your written answers and how they align with The People Project's own values.
- Six (6) finalists will be chosen by the Jury (the “Finalists”). The Jury may, before selecting the Finalists, contact you via the same channel where your Entry was submitted, on Instagram, to ask for additional motivation as to why you should be chosen as a Finalist.
- The competition Finalists will win the opportunity to participate ("Prize 1") in THE PLUG talent competition event on September 30, 2017 at CPBN studios (1049 Asylum Ave Hartford, CT 06105) where 1 competitor from the Hip Hop category and 1 competitor from the R&B category will be designated as the competition Winner (the "Winner"), resulting in the receipt of a $500 cash ("Prize 2") for each Winner.
- The competition Winners must complete a W-9 Form with social security or Federal ID number in order to receive the $500 cash awarded by CPBN.
- The competition Finalists will be notified via the same channel where the Entry was uploaded, Instagram, with follow up via email and/or phone once contact information is collected. The Finalists need to confirm their participation ("Prize 1") and submit additional information (full name/address/phone number) within 24 hours of receiving the notification on Instagram. Return of any Prize 1 notification as undeliverable, failure to claim the Prize 1 within this time or failure to submit additional information may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist.
- All Prizes are awarded at The People Project's discretion and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. The People Project, acting reasonably, reserves the right not to select a Winner.
- The People Project cannot be held responsible for any costs associated with winning the Prizes, else than what is specified in the Rules. If costs such as taxes or loss of income would arise as a result of winning the Competition, they shall be covered by you.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- You specifically grant The People Project a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use modify and use your Entry on any of The People Project's marketing channels.
- The Entries and associated names and usernames will be public to all. By entering the Competition and accepting the Rules you agree your Entry can be broadcasted via digital feeds.
- By entering the Competition and accepting the Rules, you agree that The People Project may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the Competition, including the use of your name and username.
- By entering the Competition, you give The People Project permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a Winner and to use your name and username on Instagram to announce the Winners on The People Project Instagram (yup_ct).
- Finalists competing on The Plug grant rights to Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc., ("Producer") to record YOUR likeness and voice and incorporate such recordings, in whole or in part, into THE PEOPLE PROJECT and The Plug Content. You agree that the Producer is the sole owner of all rights in the Content, and that Producer has the irrevocable right to edit the Content and to use any version of the Content and excerpts therefrom, including the use of your name, likeness and voice for Program packaging, promotion and publicity purposes throughout the United States and the world, in perpetuity. Your agreement and release contained herein also permit Producer to use your name, likeness and voice in perpetuity for broadcast, Wide Web, and other technologies now known or hereafter developed in which the Program or its elements are used. You expressly release Producer, its underwriters, licensees and assigns from any privacy, defamation or other claims you may have arising out of the broadcast, exhibition, publication, promotion and other uses of the Program and the footage containing your appearance therein.
Limitation of Liability
- The People Project will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction of Instagram or any consequences thereof.
- The People Project accepts no liability for any loss, damages or disappointment arising from entering the Competition or in any other way relating to the Competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.